Thank you so, so much to Msaudreyc for nominating me for the Liebster award!
“The Liebster award is an award given to bloggers by other bloggers! It has German origins and has several definitions: dearest, lovely, pleasant, and valued, among many others. This award is a great way to make connections with fellow bloggers, and support new blogs or blogs with less than 1,000 followers!”
After the birth of my third son in as many years, I was hit with postnatal depression. I’d suffered with my other two babes as well and decided that this time I’d try to find an outlet for the darkness that was consuming my thoughts. ‘The joy of 3 boys’ was born.
I didn’t tell anyone that I was blogging at the start. Then after a few days of proving to myself that I could stick to it I decided to share it with my closest friend. My friend has the kindest soul you could imagine and she did nothing but support and encourage me. I’m not sure that I’d have kept going if she wasn’t there cheering me on.
Over the next few weeks I slowly shared it around and was so proud of how well received it was. The only things I have avoided are names, but I think I’m ready to share.
My name is Carmen. I live in the capital of Australia with my incredible husband Khye, and our three gorgeous boys Mark (3), Toby (20 months), and Daniel (4 months). We have a cat named Khaleesi, an addiction to Netflix, and a happy, loud, always-singing, messy, loving household.
This blog has become such an amazing outlet for me and it means so much to have people getting in touch to say that they can relate and that they appreciate my honesty.
I would like to nominate the blogs below for the Liebster award:
Now, to answer the questions given to me by Msaudreyc.
What inspires you to blog?
My family inspire me. I blog to be a happier, more relaxed mum and wife.
What are you currently passionate about?
Writing! I’m really enjoying it and even considering taking on a night course. I’d love to write for a living one day. – #lifegoals
What are you currently reading?
Oh goodness, I really don’t get much time for reading with three littlies, which is unfortunate because I love to read. The last book I read was Snowy White and the 7 wombats – a kids book, the Aussie version of Snow White
What is a handy beauty trick you like to use?
Embrace the mum bun. It’s totally in right now, at least it is in my house…
What would you do with $5000?
I’m going to be completely boring here and say that I’d put it towards paying off debt. Yes I know that’s not exciting but it’s realistic!
Lip gloss or Lipstick? Why?
Lipstick. I’d rather leave a smooch stain on my kids than a sticky mess. Realistically though I wear neither unless it’s a special occasion because I like to give so many kisses it just slows me down.
Would you match your outfit with your kids or partner?
I’d co-ordinate but probably not match – I’m not really into wearing clothes covered in dinosaurs or cars.
What can’t you live without?
Aside from my family I’m going to say my phone. I need the camera to capture the memories, the calendar to keep on top of things, the Internet to stay in touch, and the games to play when I’m pinned under a sleeping baby.
Do you have a Facebook page for you blog? What is it?
I do! It’s right here
How would you define your style? Be it fashion, parenting, etc.
Fashion – crazed mum chic: Hubby’s t-shirt, trackies, and hair chucked up in a messy mum bun
Parenting – Whatever you do in your house is what works for you. In our house it’s breastfeeding (currently. I formula fed my first), nights are spent half with the baby in the cot and half with him cuddled into me, the TV is on far too much, playing in the mud is ok, no soft drinks yet, nudie runs are encouraged and highly amusing, good manners are not optional, we say ‘I love you’ multiple times a day and it is the last thing we say to each other before bed. That goes for every member of our family.
10 Random facts about myself:
1. I used to work in Aged Care, primarily in the unit that cares for people living with Dementia. It was challenging and I loved it, but I don’t see myself doing it again.
2. I really don’t like pork. Except bacon. Bacon is delicious. Oh, and Christmas ham.
3. I am loud. My family is loud. We are known as the loud ones. We’re ok with it.
4. I love singing. Especially songs from Disney movies.
5. I met my husband at 14. We started dating fairly quickly after we met.
6. I love giving birth. Sure it’s painful, but I’m pretty good at it. It’s pregnancy I’m terrible at.
7. I genuinely love all my in-laws. It was a rocky start but they are extremely thoughtful and I know they’d all support us through anything.
8. I love slow cooked beef stroganoff. And chicken schnitzel. And roast lamb. Food. I love food.
9. I love doing arts and crafts but I’m not good at it.
10. My nan, mum and sister are three of my favourite people. I adore them. Even when they’re being dorks, which is most of the time.
To the bloggers I have nominated, if you decide to do this tag, please answer these questions below.
1. Why do you blog? What motivates you to do it?
2. Do you have a Facebook/Instagram/Twitter account for your blog?
3. What are your top three favourite movies?
4. What do you do outside of blogging?
5. What is your dream vacation destination?
6. What are you passionate about?
7. What is your favourite book?
8. What is your guilty pleasure?
9. Do you have any pets?
10. How do you currently feel about yourself?
I’m excited to read your answers!
THE OFFICIAL RULES OF THE LIEBSTER AWARD
Thank the person who nominated you, and post a link to their blog on your blog. Display the award on your blog — by including it in your post and/or displaying it using a “widget” or a “gadget”. (Note that the best way to do this is to save the image to your own computer and then upload it to your blog post.) Answer 11 questions from the Blogger that nominated you. Provide 10 random facts about yourself. Nominate 5 – 11 blogs that you feel deserve the award, who have a less than 1,000 followers. Ask your nominees to answer 11 questions. List these rules in your post (You can copy and paste from here.) Once you have written and published it, you then have to Inform the people/blogs that you nominated that they have been nominated for the award and provide a link for them to your post so they can learn about it and know what to do! (they might not have ever heard of it!) Post your Liebster Award blog post link in the comments of your nominator’s Liebster Award Post!